[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:29:24 PST 2011

I think I must be getting old, although I have to say that I NEVER enjoyed
shopping, even when I was younger. Thank doG for Amazon and plastic because
I just did all my Christmas shopping for the grand kids and I'm done with
that part. Now I just have to do a little something for my daughter and the
DH's birthday which is next Thursday. I have to say, having a birthday
right before Christmas really stinks all the way around. When he was a kid,
his family combined his B'day with Christmas so he never got his special
day like everyone else. I've knocked myself out for the last 40 years to
make sure we celebrate his B'day but it really is kind of a pain with it
right before the holiday.

Tybee's Christmas gift is a new family. Yep, my boy is going on a trial
home visit tomorrow to a terrific family with a couple of teens, a
young boxer mix and two loving parents. We met with all of them the other
evening and the whole family was down on the floor giving belly rubs and
just loving this sweet boy up. They don't seem to be put off by his
little limp that he still has from his surgery or the fact that he has hip
dysplasia. Of course, I love this dog and don't see how anyone else
wouldn't love him too but some folks are put off by a dog that isn't
absolutely perfect. The DH and I have talked about keeping Tybee here
forever but we've decided that four hounds and one elderly cat is all we
can handle on a permanent basis. So say a little prayer for Tybee that this
family is the one!

Vote, vote, vote! I can't say it enough! All of us at BaRCSE were so
excited to win that weekly prize and we would be so happy if another basset
rescue could benefit too.

Jersey has developed counter cruising into an art form. I swear this dog's
whole body levitates off the floor when she's cruising. And she's FAST!
She's an old gal but, when it comes to snatching something off a counter,
she is lightening quick! And no, we have NOT learned to put things in the
cupboards where she really can't reach them. We are lucky and haven't found
anyone in the middle of the dining room table yet, although a couple of
them have gotten up on the table out on the patio.

The Houndettes, Tybee and the mastiffs are sending heart healing and get
well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
with foster boy Tybee
and mastiffs Sasha & Brutus