[Dailydrool] This and That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:44:50 PST 2011

Dale, green beans is the answer to your dilemma. Jersey and Ginger both can
get a little fluffy so we reduce their kibble and add about a quarter cup
of green beans. I'm with Bev when it comes to making them not counter
cruise. Jersey has developed counter cruising into a whole new art form. I
swear this old girl levitates! You would never guess that she can get up on
her two back legs and balance but she sure can when it comes to snagging
something off the counter or out of an unsuspecting grandchild's hand.
Ginger is soooo long that I know she's at least six feet tall on her back
legs and her tongue is six feet long! Nope, nothing is safe with those two
around.

Sounds like Dinger has a new home. Our Molly cat was able to stop any hound
dead in their tracks and no one here was ever willing to cross paths with
her. She had everyone totally intimidated. I'm kind of wondering if she has
been reincarnated in Dinger! She was a force of nature all by herself and
was the real ruler of our house till she went to the bridge a couple of
years ago.

We have never been able to participate with the holiday card exchange. We
did send a card to the Winstanley's to post though. It's so nice that they
do that every year because that and the DD calendar is the only way I get
to see all of your hounds. Some day we'll be able to participate with the
exchange but I'm so grateful to the Winstanley's for posting all of your
cards.

Our Tybee is on a home visit since last Friday. The family called me on
Saturday to assure me that he was fine and fitting in well. I have to tell
you, Ginger has really been out of sorts for the past few days. She and Ty
became really good friends while he was here. This is the Houndettes who
regularly tries to eat the other hounds but she just loved Tybee. I know
she'll come around but she's pretty grouchy right now and is taking it out
on the rest of the crowd.

I'm going to try the Scrubbing bubbles on my walls! I know this sounds
gross but I've gotten so that I mop my kitchen walls where the hounds eat.
I have a white floor and white walls half way up. Well, we all know how
high these hounds can fling drool so my walls get mopped pretty regularly.
Scrubbing bubbles, here I come!

The Houndettes are sending heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (who is missing Tybee a LOT!)