[Dailydrool] Howliday Cards 2011 and Short list 4

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Sat Dec 17 14:10:43 PST 2011

Dear fellow shortlisters, I believe that I goofed in sending out cards this year.  Somehow, though I'm not sure how, I printed out last year's short list 5, instead of this year's short list 4.  This was brought to my attention by one recipient when I sent a card to a former address she had last year!  I do not have any more cards, so I placed a collage of the photos I took of our little furfamily (minus Cher the c at t who lives in a parallel universe), with the "card" photo in the center.  I sincerely apologize to those who sent us their card and won't be receiving one from us.  We absolutely love the cards we have received, and have them all in a sort of collage in our entry.  They are beautiful!

Lucy and Charlie are busy drooling for all the sick puppies and grieving families of those who have left for the bridge.  We cry whenever we read the awful news, and cheer when one gets better!  I was so happy to read Val succeeded with her diaper design. And we have been following Nigel's progress enthusiastically.  Both the DH and I are endlessly impressed by Bev's ingenuity, fortitude and plain old goodness for all she does for her crew.  We don't express it often or well, but we do love the drool family, two leggers AND four leggers, and we love the stories and sharing of experiences, both happy and sad.  It really does react like a family with little disputes and riffs, followed by enthusiastic  and diligent sharing and cooperation, i.e. voting on the animal rescue site and pepsi challenge to get $$ for basset rescue.

By the way, speaking of $$$ for rescue, I just learned (from a different fund raising organization) about www.goodsearch.com,  a search engine that can be used like google, but you sign on and designate an organization and your searches raise $$$ for your designee.  I don't know how the money goes from a to b, but I checked it out and searched on "basset" to find a designee.  Take note:  there are MANY basset rescues using this fund raising tool, AND there are several that are NOT using it.  So everyone could sign on if they aren't already and help their local basset rescue.

Happy holidays!
Susan - adoring slave to Lucy, Charlie and Otie