[Dailydrool] Bart => Tuesday, December 20th Calendar Boy!!

Bonnie Thorpe bonniethorpe at aol.com
Tue Dec 20 09:49:43 PST 2011

WOW - I just flipped to Tuesday's DD Calendar page and there is my Bart! I never ever thought when I submitted his picture that he would not be with me on his calendar day!!

Bart went to the Rainbow Bridge November 19th at 12 1/2 years old, after losing the battle with Hemangiosarcoma. That nasty tumor grew so fast there was nothing we could do to save him - nothing at all! He had 12 1/2 wonderful years with us - he was my first Basset. It was because of him that I learned about puppy mills, backyard breeders, Carolina Basset Hound Rescue, and the Daily Drool. I learned about fostering and Waddles! Bart was in nine CBHR Waddles and one BoardWalk Waddle! He won the longest ear contest and the costume contests a few times. Bart is even one of the two hounds on CBHR's 2011 Waddle tee-shirt. Twelve years with Bart was not enough and even as I write this, there are tears in my eyes. I loved this guy with all my heart.....

Give you pups an extra hug today and be thankful for each day you have with your houndie.....I'm sure Bart arrived at the Rainbow Bridge in style but I miss him so!

Bonnie Thorpe
BonnieThorpe at aol.com