[Dailydrool] Pierre Santa Paws

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:19:35 PST 2011

My day became so different than what I had planned, but it was so enjoyable, I am glad.
Tuesday is the day I go for my weekly WW weigh in and meeting.  I weighed in last week without taking the meeting because that was the start of Miss Nikki's being ill.  I was gung ho for the meeting this week, but, alas, Pierre didn't want me to leave without him.  I was already 15 minutes late in my efforts to trick him, race him to one or the other door, but for some reason, it was so important for him to go with me today, and then it dawned on me, today was Santa Paws Day for him!!!!
I got to WW, weighed in (only a 1.2 pound drop, hmmph, and I tried so hard, but will learn from my mistakes), and told the team leaders at the reception desk that I couldn't stay for the meeting because Pierre was in the car.  It was remembered that I missed last week because of Nikki, and concern was abundant regarding her recovery, to which I replied she is fine, but I couldn't leave Pierre in the car alone for the duration of the meeting, even though it had already started 20 minutes ago.  Pierre Santa Paws instructed me to deliver Slobbershop tins of mints to the staff as he is the model for the large tin.  The tins were greatly received, and team leader Lou, who has a basset and his assistant both wanted to meet Pierre, so I brought him to the building.  He got lots of pets and scritches, and guess what, I won't be getting my meeting next week either because Jr. will be having a play date with Lou's basset, LOL, LOL, LOL.
Next stop was visiting Mom at the Nursing Home, which also was not planned for the day, but it worked out well.  First, Jr. and I visited the business office because Jackie and Marianne just love him so much, and they were thrilled with the Pierre mints, plus, they got the Pierre "Rocket Scientist" pin.  This is something that is still kinda under wraps, but Jr. is a Rocket Scientist, but he is morphing into an astronaut because he cares about space and the demand and need is there.  That will be discussed in the future, back to Santa Paws.
After the business office, Jr. visited one of his friends at reception, and he passed out another tin of mints.  Nothing like making someone laugh and wonder, "SLOBBER SHOP???"; to the newbie is a very curious term.  While Pierre and I were at the reception desk, a large group of elementary school children were exiting the building, and I imagine they were a choir who came to sing to the residents.  As they were leaving the building, more and more of them were noticing Jr.  I had him in a quiet sit/stay, and a few petted him on their way out, but it greatly escalated as the kids passed through until at one point a mob of 20 or so children were all sticking their hands out to pet him. He was cool, he soaked it up, and I am so proud of him. My boy, !!!  His favorite Nurse was off, so she will get her mints on Thursday, but we visited Mom, and Mom's new roommate  fell in love with Pierre in an instant.  I was behind the curtain with Mom, and Mom's roommate was calling "Pierre, Pierre come back" (her bed was the one next to the door), so since Mom was tired and we were leaving anyway, we stopped by the roommate's bed as we left.  Pierre put two paws on the lady's bed which she loved, but I didn't let him stay there for long, not knowing how the staff or family members would feel about it.  For the moment, though, the lady really had a happy moment of basset love!!!!
One more stop to hand out mints to our friend George, the local art gallery and frame person.  Santa Paws is tired now, and so am I.
Pierre did his best to spread love and joy today.  It is his mantra (me too).
The hounds collectively wish everyone a Merry woof woof and Happy arf arf arf.  May 2012 bring dreams come true to one and all.
Jackie and the herd