[Dailydrool] Cards, Cookies and Fundraising

Emily G earthyoga at aol.com
Wed Dec 21 17:51:47 PST 2011

First - for you short listers that did the drool Howliday card list - the Gareis girls cards WILL be mailed before Easter!  I got them done and they will be going out by Friday!  Yipee!  A small miracle I might add....

It isn't funny yet it is because we all know the counter surfing skills of a basset hound...Hubby has had a few days off and today he decided that he was going to make cookies - Kolochki cookies to be exact - a pain staking Ukraninian treat of a dough of butter/creamcheese/sugar tied like a bow and filled with Apricot, Rasberry, Date, or nuts - you can pick the filling - in any case we had a few errands to run this evening and as we were getting ready to go I suggested that the cookies be moved from the dining room table since I was pretty sure a couple of counter surfers would be able to get ahold of the beautiful treats....I was scorned and told NO WAY....welll guess what - upon our return a whole plate of those dang apricot filled cookies were gone...plate still on the table no less! - no clue which one or two (I have an idea Gracie and LaVerne) who ate them all - about 20 I would guess - needless to say he was none to happy with his girls.....sadly I had a hard time not laughing and saying I told you so - think I might have a hole in my tounge from trying not to let that out!

Now onto Ohio Basset Rescue - thank you to all who participated in the Christmas Malley's Candy Fundraiser - there was $1500 worth of chocolate sold so OBR will be getting a pretty good chunck of that - I don't have the exact figure but it went so well look for OBR to get all your EASTER CANDY this year since I will be hosting a fundraiser just like this one for them!  Again thank you to eveyone - you helped save a bundle of basset lifes!

And finally as always lots of love and drool to all those in need, to all those who have lost a beloved friend and Happy Holidays (Chanakah and Christmas) to some of the best people on Mother Earth!  May you all be blessed with Peace, Light, Laughter, Love and of course DROOL!!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, LaVerne and Gracie