[Dailydrool] Calendar Elves

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:06:36 PST 2011

I did not order a calendar this year-- things just piled up on us and it
wasn't, I am ashamed to admit, at the top of the list. But I have ordered
in the past andI want everyone to step back and take a moment to think what
an enormous undertaking this is, and how wonderfull that we have people
willing to stop their lives to take it on. You don't see ME out there, do
you?
And this is not something that gives pleasure and good memories and an
occasional tear once-- but throughout the year. Everyday is a new memory, a
new dog, a new acquaintance: someone we count as a friend who we would
otherwise never have known. What an amazing thing the Calendar is, and how
hard these people work to keep us happy. Laura and your other Elves, Ellie,
who did it for years, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We wish you
the very best new year and a slip=up proof printing company, a bunch of
perfect lists, and the best Holiday ever.

Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper:MomPerson and DadPerson who has always
been in charge of turning the new page.