[Dailydrool] Twas the Night Before Christmas

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:40:57 PST 2011

Twas the night before Christmas

All through the plantation

Not a Basset was stirring

In this canine nation

Dog stockings were hung by the chimney, so sweet,

All ready for toys or a bone and a treat.

The houndage were nestled all snug in their beds

While visions of slow squirrels danced in their heads.

The Colonel, sans uniform, I in my gown

Were starting to think it was time to lie down.

When out in the yard it was sounding like thunder,

The doggies were running the Basset 500!

I ran to the window, the  Colonel ceased to snore,

They must have escaped out that darn doggy door!

The moon on the mud gave off a faint glow,

And led us to see there was no Christmas snow.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear

But Chris Williams from BROOD and that was not reindeer.

Inside of her sleigh sat Tiffin the hound

He looked all around then jumped out with a bound.

More rapid than eagles he joined in the game

And from this day forward nothing was the same.

Now Hannah!  Now
Duffy!  Now Bruno and Pete!

Here comes that Tiffin, a new hound to greet!

To the top of the porch!

To the top of the wall!

Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!

Then run back around show us how it is done

For this is how the Basset 500 is run.

With only four Bassets it just was not right

But now there were five on this Christmas Eve night.

And I heard myself sigh as I poured an eggnog

What the heck, I exclaimed it is just one more dog.

As I took a big gulp of that brandy and foam

And  announced to the
world: Tiffin has a new home!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU, BIRDKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK! www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com/