[Dailydrool] Fur Whooze Tel Bell Tolls

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 21:19:18 PST 2011

Christmas Eve. Yes right here at the bridge. Elder Clara just went and got some hot chocolate--now don't be a worrin--here at the bridge, chocolate is just fine for us hounds.
Maybe it will perk me up a bit--I feel a little lonely tonight, why last Christmas I was bouncing around the home, now here I am, at the bridge, my memory foam perch, got my slippers on--yes 4 slippers, now what did you think? So anyway, I am going to get my mug--eat those marshmellows floating on top, grab my book---of course it is the Night Before Christmas-what a favorite story- climb up on the perch and-------
What?? The bell?? Really--on Christmas Eve---why maybe its Santa!!!!!!!
I run to the door--throw it open with both arms-I just know Santa is hauling in the---now wait--bassets--company--incoming!!!
Come in--welcome to the Bridge!! Both of you---why Clara is glad to see those smiling faces---yes, yes, I know what day it is---but lets talk---young man, your Name is Clou---I have heard of you , I know the children love you and you love books---a Reading Paws Dog-gosh you are special!!! Now stand over there by my perch--keep the snooter out of my mug-what?? Of course you will get a star, one with a bookcase--yes, yes, it will happen--Location--??? Yes---19 Dog Dish Drive. This will be the spot--now--over by the perch please--
Okay--hmmmm--Stella---now look at you---the eyes so bright, the tail just busy, you are a delight--and I hear tell you have a special bark----hmmmm---only for your Momma Jeanette?? Stella--your Momma is listening, she needs to hear that you are now fine-give her a bark----WOOF WOOF---
Okay-yes that is a special bark there Stella, but one for your Mommas ears only.
Lets choose you a star---yes pawfect---2001 Rescue Road--yes I know your past, and this location will be just great for you--
Now look, this is a special night, how about if we all run over to the buffet, grab us a mug of hot chocolate--extra marshmellows, and we can all climb on the perch and Clou can read us the story while we wait for Santa????

Stella and Clou are here, safe well and sound--we will wait for Santa all together, and share some stories--

Elder Clara will leave the gate ajar---we want Santa to haul it all in----but never forget--Dont Stop believing!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all from the Bridge

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake