[Dailydrool] Eventful time

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Sun Dec 25 01:14:36 PST 2011

Good morning all you Droolers

Writing from South Africa, we are experiencing a lovely summer and Christmas day. May it be a wonderful time for all of you.

Living some way out of the metropolitan area, we are not subject to the glow of background light at night and had the priviledge of seeing comet Lovejoy for three nights in a row. Clara and Sally were not impressed at all. Perhaps they misinterpreted "comet" for "come eat". The first night they came down with us to have a look at the illuminated streak through the sky ; the second night they stopped at the landing and the third night they did not stir from the bed. We captured some pictures of the comet, but they are not half as professional as those you can see on google.

My son gave us a Mash 4077 DVD for Christmas. One episode deals with an outing to the rainbow bridge, but it turned out to be not even remotely the DD rainbow bridge. Perhaps you guys in the USA can still remeber Mash ? Together with Happy Days used to be my favourites.

The bassets are fine. Reading about all the ailments that the average urban basset suffers from, it appears as if Sally & Clara are living a very healthy lifestyle as country bumpkins. A good swim every night in the dam and a run of about a mile every night. A dead fish makes an ideal shoulder drop and roll verey now and then.

Love to All

Clara, Sally and slaves Frans & Mariette.