[Dailydrool] Drool and prayers needed for Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 09:43:15 PST 2011

My dear friends --

Some of you know that I've been struggling with some medical issues --
thanks again so much to everyone who sent me "heroes" howliday cards, I can't
tell you the strength and joy they have given me every day during an
extraordinarily difficult December.

While I hate talking about personal struggles (we certainly all have them),
 I'm writing to the Daily Drool because I feel like you're all part of my
extended family, and it would mean so much to me if you could please send me
 some drool, or remember me in your prayers.

After a long couple of months of tests, procedures, treatments,
consultations, etc., I've been diagnosed with a brain tumor, and will be having
surgery on Wednesday (probably starting around noon).  I can't believe  I'm
writing those words.  This was a stunning and unexpected bolt out of  the blue.
The good news is -- the neurosurgeon believes  that it's benign.  The bad
news is -- it's a brain tumor.  In a  very tricky spot.

I won't go into the details, but I'm sure you can guess what I'm going
through.  I'm sorry to put this burden on you, but when you're scared   you
reach out to people who mean a lot to you, and that's this family.  (I  was one
of the original handful when our very special Mom Nancy founded the  Drool
back -- when was it, maybe 17 years ago now?)  We've been through so  much
together -- the Secret Pawtners, the howliday cards, the calendars, the
Pacific Basset Feet, the loss of precious members (two- and four-leggers -- how
you comforted me when I lost my sweeties Duchess and Blueberry), the
laughter,  the tears ... you're all very dear to me, and it would mean the world
if you  could please just think of me on Wednesday, and send me strength to
get through  what's coming.

I'm asking a friend to send a post to the Drool Wednesday night, letting
you know that the surgery's over (I hope it can be posted, even though she's
not  a member).  In the meantime, bless you all for caring -- about me,
about  each other, about the silly and endearing floppy critters who enrich our
lives,  and the homeless ones who need us so much.

(Any dear friends who might want to reach out -- that means so much, but
please be careful not to let my Dad know -- he's elderly and ill and I don't
want him to worry, so I'm not going to tell him until everything's over and
I'm  home (I'm telling him I'm going away with friends), and even then I
won't tell  him the extent of what I'm going through.  Our phone numbers are
shared, so I'm warning my friends and family please not to ever mention
anything  to him.)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah with your families,
celebrating the joys of just being together.

Fondly,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)