[Dailydrool] Vitex and Cushings

Gbounders at aol.com Gbounders at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 09:57:57 PST 2011

I first have to say, we really do enjoy the Daily Drool and have for a long
 time. You folks are so caring and sharing and have helped me several
times. Now  I want to pass on some thing that has happen with us in the hope it
will also  help someone else. I have recently started using Vitex (formerly
Cush X) on our  Basset. This product is beyond fantastic!!!! We have an 11 yr
old Basset named  Rudy. Rudy had routine blood work done in September and
surprised us all by the  results. His liver panel was very high. It was
rechecked in October and was even  worse ALKP was 280 and ALT 222. The Vet
recommended we check for Cushing's  because the numbers were going up so rapidly.
I did a lot of research and found  Cush X. I ordered a large bag and started
Rudy on it. 30 days later his blood  work is normal!!! His ALKP dropped to
190 which is well within the normal range  and his ALT dropped to an amazing
61. The Vet originally suggested a suppression  test and then medication
which is a form of chemo. All of these would be  uncomfortable for Rudy and
the medication has tremendous side effects!!! Rudy  likes the Vitex sprinkled
on his food so there is no issue giving the product.  One added note, Rudy's
coat was looking terrible. No matter how much I brushed  him there was a
dullness and lots of dead hair. Since the Vitex he has blown his  coat and
looks beautiful. It is obvious he feels better. God Bless Hilton the  maker of
this herbal product!!!! This product has really saved our boy. It goes  a
long way so the cost is not nearly what it appears. I called Hilton in England
 and talked to them about the product prior to use. It is all herbal and
does not  interfere with other medications the pet may be on. It is impossible
to tell you  how improved Rudy is!!! He is more energetic and looks so much
better. I will  say, he was never tested for Cushing's so we have no proof
other than the  terrible blood results. Regardless, something was going on
and Vitex is the only  change. I hope this info helps someone as much as it
has helped us. Merry  Christmas and Happy New Year drool from us to all in
need. And thank you again  for being such an outstanding group!!!

Iris and Dick, Rudy, Finnigan (the black lab pup), Ivy Rose ATB and missed,
 and 4 resident cats who think they are way above  dogs!