[Dailydrool] Poppy Update and other basset stuff

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:33:15 PST 2011

I'm glad to read that Conley is three not four.  Because I remember him
arriving as a buppy and I had MacKenzie and Gallagher.  They will be four
in February and May, respectively.  I was afraid that they might be five!
 LOL.  Happy belated birthday Conley!
Anyway, Poppy was back at the vet for blood work this morning and it wasn't
good.  So we brought her back this afternoon for some more fluids and an
xray.  She hasn't been interested in her dinner, although still very
interested in snacks.  She ate an entire can of food at the vets and was
running around like nothing was wrong.  With her blood levels, it appears
that more chemo is not going to happen.  Her spleen and liver are enlarged
(more than they were).  She's back home and the other three did a complete
inspection.  She ate a second dinner!  The ups and downs of a dog with
lymphoma are hard, but she sure is resilient.
Guinness had more puppy shots this morning.  It was an expensive vet day.