[Dailydrool] Lucas update

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 30 16:27:40 PST 2011

He is home and sleeping hard.   He had a pain shot right before he came
home.   His winkie is bald...

Along with the rest of his belly.     We are heating up blankies in the
dryer for him and swapping them out to keep him warm and work on getting his
body temp back more to normal.

We have pain meds if he needs them,  am sure he will, the shot will wear off
in a few more hours. Dr wants him back in the morning to do one more blood
test and also give more fluids,(make sure his potassium is ok.has been low)

And then we will have him and hope the ER will not be one of our stops this
weekend.  I will skip the annual New Year's Eve dinner we have with friends.
Pat knew that was coming, but I would be miserable with worry if I were to
go, even for a few hours.  Pat doesn't read this, so I can say it,   would
much rather be home anyhow with the kids.

We still have his pancreatitis to get through,  thanks Sandy for the chicken
suggestion,  will keep it in mind when he does start back eating normally.
He won't have anything to eat or drink till tomorrow.  I sure hope he is
going to want it!    I am taking a shower early then will get us all settled
in for the night.  Praying for a peaceful night, mostly for Lucas, but I
sure could use a quiet one too.

Thank you everyone for your drool and prayers for Luke.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!

 <http://www.bassetshop.com/> www.bassetshop.com          shop online and