[Dailydrool] Basset proof bin

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 01:36:52 PST 2011

Like many of you, I tried bins with lids, bins with locking lids, putting my locked bin in a cupboard, putting my locked and lidded bin on the high windowsill, trying to keep the kitchen door shut at all times (mostly successful, but not 100%).

Finally, after I'd had Rolph for about 6 months, I gave up and ordered a basset-proof bin from a fellow Drooler which she sent by air all the way here to the UK. And I love it, it is 100% basset, even OEBE Rolph, proof. She decorated it beautifully and it has become quite a talking point with guests - all of whom have never had bassets and can't understand the idea of importing a large bin from the US.

I haven't mentioned the maker's name as her circumstances have changed and she no longer makes these bins. I am so lucky to have mine. It was at the heart of my pipe-burst flood 2 years ago, so its 'feet' are a bit squidgy and I've had to reattach the lid, but not one piece of trash has EVER been raided from it, even with two bassets in the house.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara,UK, who are sending love and drool to all who have health issues, or who are grieving, regardless of how many legs they have.