[Dailydrool] basset proof trash cans

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:07:54 PST 2011

yes- there IS such a creature!  many years ago when I was new to the Drool, I keep seeing stories of counter cruisers and trash can raiders.  While at a shopping trip at a local store, who would believe it, but there it was, it was a very fine stainless steel round trash can with a pedal, a see through lid, with a HUGE LOCK on it, metal like you see on canisters and some mason jar lids (ok, I'm the only one old enough to remember THOSE!)...! obviously it was designed by a basset hound slave!  it came with an inner black plastic "bucket" with a handle and it holds 25 lbs of kibble! I can't believe I threw away the box...but I did, and I can find NOTHING on the can which identifies it except...Made in China...BUT THIS IS THE PERFECT CAN to protect that hound food...if you can find it.  The store was Bealls' --I believe mostly in Florida, which sells better quality clothing, but does have a homewares section and occasionally some pet things appear!  It's amazing I found it....it has weathered many many years of sniffing and "attempts" but there really is no smell eminating from it because it does have a seal and it's locked tight! I see the non-locking attempt at this all over the place, but not with a lock and see-through lid... Good luck in maybe locating the source or supplier....it really IS the perfect anti-hound container. Pat WoodHannah - I sniffed it but nuttin thereBuddy & Becky - no use sniffin it - when its time for dishes, she opens it up and we'z can smell the kibble she's scoopin' into our dishes WooHoo!