[Dailydrool] Fwd: Dec. 27 Calendar Kids!!!!!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 20:51:12 PST 2011

Hey Ramone you and your Basset Furrends look sooooo beautiful and happy
together!
That calendar has and does always bring a smile...maybe a tear.   Such
wonderful loved hounds.
Thank You to Laura Salmon and all the Basset Elves for your hard work
getting the calendars to us
Basset  Lovers!!!

Becky who rescued Ramone site unseen the very night of the loss of our
house in the fire reallly did a grrreat save! Becky not only rescued a
challenging sort of darlin Bassadore  (who as a wee baby got into the  hands of a
frat house group of young men and was thrown around like a  baseball  game of
catch at 5 weeks at  parties where he was saved  by a young lady who
brought him to us at Basset Rescue of Puget Sound.

He was a most abused and hurt little being.  Look at him now!  Happy as a
clam with his Basset family.

Becky rescued Ramone and brought gifts to us besides. We had  nothing left
except what we were wearing and our car.  Becky gave  us a box of people
rescue stuff like tooth brushes and towels...and a  Bassetty Blanket.  We
spread that blanket on the motel bed and the  three hounds we got to take with us
hopped right up.  The  exhausted Bassets and the warm soft blanket...it
suddenly was home. In the  days since the fire where our house burned we have
come to know/and know  of so many wonderful people in Basset Rescue and on
the DD!!!

We have used the Basset Throw blanket from Becky (guardian of Ramone  who
is on today's calendar) every day since the fire two years  ago.  When in the
cheapie motel with only 3 Bassets and in a sort of  numb daze that blanket
brought us such comfort.  To know Ramone was in  safe loving hands was
priceless.

In the calendar photo for today the 27th...he looks like a regular  sort of
loved rescue Bassadore and not a crazie mixed up hurt  being. Becky and
Ramone we still talk of you  and still are  astounded by the goodness of
Bassets (and Bassadores) who no matter how  damaged manage to come out able to
love.

I sure love all the people behind the Basset photos who love these  hounds.

Every year it is my present for Christmas and it lasts all year long.
XOXOXOXOXXO
Love and Woofs, Alexa