[Dailydrool] Flash's Birthday

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 17:29:54 PST 2011

I have been trying so hard to keep up with drools but the hours are out of
control at work right now and I hardly have time to check my email let alone
respond to it.  So being a bad momma that I am I didn't have time to send out a
post that Flash's 12th birthday was on Tuesday.  It's amazing to think that he
has been in my life that long and with so many changes during that time.  Three
boyfriends, undergrad, vet school, loss of another dog, broken leg, moving from
Philadelphia to the Caribbean, to Indiana, got engaged and back to PA.  Not to
mention all the tears, laughter, hard work and everything else in between.
Flash has been an awesome dog, best friend, model to learn on in vet school, and
keeper of company while I was studying late nights.  I read The Other End of the
Leash by Patricia McConnell and in the last chapter she talks about that dog
that is your soul mate (we call heart dog alot on here) and that is Flash.  I
feel like I barely had to train him.  When I spoke or looked at him he knew what
I meant.  Although not the most perfect dog in the world he is pretty damn close
and I'm glad I have him in my life.  By deverting his trip to the shelter at
just 3 months old I thought I was saving him, but he knew all along that he was
sent to save me.  And he has everyday for 12 years.  Thank Flashie, you rock.

Laura