[Dailydrool] Dog books

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 09:32:20 PST 2011

Now you guys ahve me interested in the Other End of the Leash. Think I will
buy it this weekend, I've been looking for a new book to start.

Since we are on the topic, I might as well give a recommendation of a few
I've read fairly recently that some of you might also enjoy.

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - great book, written from the
dog's perspective. His theory is that dogs eventually come back as humans
once they've learned enough, so now I always think of Cow and Ru coming back
as humans, and what they'd be like. :) Very good story - I couldn't put it
down.

Love is the Best Medicine by Nicholas Trout - The author is a vet, and
writes of 2 special cases that taught him a lot, and connected 2 strangers
because of the love of their animals. I've heard his other book, Tell Me
Where It Hurts, is also good but have not had a chance to pick it up yet.

Another one I've really been wanting to read is Merle's Door. I've heard
really great things about it.Have any of you fellow droolers read this one?

To make this bassety, Cow and Ru hate it if I read while they are awake and
"in need" of attention. I only get my reading done on planes, lunchbreaks or
once they are asleep on my lap. :)

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cow and Ru