[Dailydrool] Frank and the Cheerios

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:23:19 PST 2011

Yesterday, we had some electrical work done (under-cabinet lights in the
kitchen - awesome!), and Bill went outside with the electrician to pay him
and wrap things up. What Bill forgot about was the lunch he had just fixed,
a big bowl of Cheerios with blueberries, flax, and lots of milk, and he had
left the bowl next to his laptop (and iPhone) on his desk. So, Bill said
goodbye and thanks to the guy and they chatted in the driveway a while, and
as he came back in the front door, he heard, "Lap-lap-lap, drip-drip-drip",
and thought, "Oh S*&%! Frank got my Cheerios!"

Bill ran to the desk and found that Frank had jumped up to reach the desktop
(DUH!) and had managed to tip the cereal bowl so that it spilled milk and
Cheerios and blueberries all over the desk. It was dripping off the front of
the desk to Frank's open mouth, and on top of Frank's head and neck when he
paused long enough to lick the floor.

Bill's first thought was, "OMG, my iPhone is swimming in MILK!" Bill's
second thought was, "OMG, my laptop!!" Bill's next thought was, "The desk
and the floor are covered in milk and Cheerios!" And then, "OMG, it's all
dripping all over Frank!" So, he first rescued his iPhone, which fortunately
was in its case so it was about an eighth of an inch over the milk. Then he
began to clean up the mess, sopped the desk, mopped the floor, ran a towel
over Frank. Still today, Frank has a mohawk hair-do on his neck fur, where
it's all stiff from his milk-bath.

Frank got a little less kibble at dinner-time since he'd eaten a whole bowl
of Cheerios at lunch!

It's never dull around here,

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank and Tina the Bra-stealer