[Dailydrool] more voting mysteries

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 15:15:15 PST 2011

I am glad my comment that I'd been voting early and late, and doubled
that by using each web browser (Safari and firefox on one computer,
Explorer and Firefox on the other), has helped.

Then my wizard son visited us this weekend, and pointed out that the
cookies system used by the animal rescue site (to track whether you
have already voted) is easy to disable.
I think I know how Wynne caught up so fast from OMBR's early lead!

So I figured out (with son's help!) how to vote repeatedly on Safari
(I have version 5.0.3 but of course it gets updates), and Firefox. It
works! The explanation is longer than I want to repeat here before I
bring up a couple of questions to consider:
(1) Could this get us disqualified? I think someone was disqualified
earlier from a grant award because of improper voting or something.
(2) Would it be best maybe to hold OMBR voting just a bit ahead, like
our voting this week, until near the end of the challenge (March
something?), and THEN blitz as needed, to allow OMBR/Droolers to keep
in reserve the stealth surprise? I cannot imagine Wynne has more
steady support than the Drool can muster. Also, the way the
percentages have been, it looks to me like that might be what Wynne is
doing right now...but then maybe I have been playing too many video
games.

My other concern is that we have not already heard about this cyber-
trick from Robert--seems like he might have known about this? So, is
there reason not to use this disabling, Robert?

Linda, with Otis and Nelly