[Dailydrool] Volunteer Appreciation

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Sun Feb 6 16:39:24 PST 2011

I responded directly to the Arizona Basset Rescue, but thought I would share
this.
Utah Friends of Basset Hounds has a Bassets de Mayo Pawty the first week in May.
(Cinco de Mayo theft). It is our Volunteer Appreciation party. We invite
everyone who helped us, adoptors,  foster families, people who transport,
people who donate--whoever. We have tons of Mexican food and give prizes to the
volunteers.
We give out "tickets" for each thing. So many for an adoption, so many for a
foster, etc. Then whoever has the most tickets goes up and picks a prize. Kind
of honor system there.  We just say who fostered a dog last year?" Who adopted?
Who picked up a hound from a shelter? and hand out tickets. Then the next one
picks a prize, and on and on.

The mexican food is not all that expensive, we just have the event in someone's
back yard. Hounds
are welcome.  The board of directors provides everything as appreciation for our
volunteers. We

announce the Volunteer of the Year (elected by the board) and give them a
special prize, which is
a framed copy of some artwork a little girl did year's ago. She was about 6. It
is a picture of a basset
and I think it is "What would you go with $1.00" and she drew the picture and
said "I would help the
bassets"
Not worth anything, really, but very cute. We love our Bassets de Mayo pawty. It
is always really great
and everyone seems to have a good time. You can add contests. longest ears,
etc. if you want.
 Marilyn Briggs