[Dailydrool] Basset Biggest loser.

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 11:59:55 PST 2011

I can relate to the weight loss challenge.
One of the first things I found with Chance, who was on Prednisone,
making losing wieght even harder, I preed the green beans or pumpkin/squash
adding a spoonful of
low sodium buillon to the mix. I made a batch that would last several days.
Sometimes I substituted low fat yogurt. I measured his food for a week,
including any treats.
I spliit that into 2 servings a day, int ziploc bags and put those with the rest
of the dog food.
So his food was coming from the same place as Rex's.
By rationing the food plus treats, there was no way he was given beyond the
allowed amount Before I
did that, extra biscuits, or other treats, were given by others,
Also EXERCISE even if it is playing in the house in the winter, I had to get him
active for 5 to 10 minutes
several times a day. A walk was even better. It worked,
good luck Martha and Molly Bob