[Dailydrool] Huron County Basset

Kalli Fliger kalliflower1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 04:02:38 PST 2011

I just want to update everyone on the basset hound from the Huron County OH
dog warden.  He was scheduled to be euthanized on Monday, but they agreed to
wait until the end of the day so I could make arrangements to get out there.
 Turns out the dog is actually a girl and we've named her Ginger.  She is
very thin and was pretty dirty when I picked her up.  She went to the vet
yesterday and is healthier than most dogs in her situation would have been.
 Heartworm negative, thank goodness, and no sign of parvo or kennel cough,
although she does have roundworms, which she got a dewormer for, and also a
nasty ear infection, which we got drops for.  She has come out of her shell
a lot in the last day, and she's a very silly little clown.  The best news
of all is that Droopy Basset Rescue has agreed to take her, so a transport
is being arranged for this weekend from my home in northwest Ohio to
Pennsylvania.  It will be very hard for me to let her go.  She has worked
her way right in to my heart, but I know that she will make someone else
very happy!  Thank you to everybody who kept your fingers crossed and prayed
for her.  :-)

--
Kalli