[Dailydrool] Helping Houndies into cars

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 15:13:43 PST 2011

Since I blew out my back 3 yrs ago lifting houndy butts into the Corolla is out of the question.  With Freddie (whose last weigh in was 68 lbs, down 6 lbs!) there is absolutely no way for me to boost him.  I have the  two step stairs made out of plastic that I reinforced with duck tape because of my fear it would come apart. (Okay so I am a redneck!).   I keep the stairs in the car, they are lightweight and work perfectly.  The gang are all able to use the steps and then step on the backseat.    All the new fosters learn to use them from the beginning!  Perfect for me and it saves me from having a lot of pain!  I did look at ramps but they were either too long to wide or too heavy for me to manage.  These steps fit perfectly in the floor area between the front and back seats.

Just our dollars worth, which still doesn't go very far.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our Fabulous Freddie
Volunteer/Foster for Golden Gate Basset Rescue
Please Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
 http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc
Vote for Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue in the 2011 Shelter Challenge:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3