[Dailydrool] Understanding and Tolerance

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 10:31:23 PST 2011

I understand how people could have been offended by "Cremation" post, and I
fully understand why for sensitivity reasons the moderators tried to reject
it (accidents happen and the moderators are only human too).

However, it is important to understand that what might seem horrifying for
one person, can be cathartic for another.  Many cultures celebrated the
passing of their loved ones with funeral pyres, take then end of the film
"The Return of the Jedi", made for children, when they create a pyre for
Anakin Skywalker.  I agree a how-to guide might not have been best for mass
distribution, but I can also understand how the drooler who posted it was
just trying to share what to them was a beautiful and cathartic personal
goodbye to their basset.

I'm appalled by the idea of open-casket viewings, but I know many people who
find seeing their loved one for the last time in their coffin to be
cathartic and not at all repellent.

No one wants to think about loosing a hound, or a loved on, but it happens
and we all deal with grief differently.  I'm sorry for the droolers this
upset, but I hope the responses don't scare off the drooler who posted it
just because of differences of opinion.

Brenda- Momslave to Copper and Elphaba, just trying to keep the peace.