[Dailydrool] House Guest

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Feb 14 15:04:37 PST 2011

I have the boys on full drool production for Xaxa.  This morning they were drooling more then I have ever seen them do for a piece of chicken jerky.it was flowing off of their lipper flaps.  So I will give them more jerky and send all of their drool to you.  Virginia it is never a good time for us humans to let our beloved furbabies make that journey. We never want them to leave us.  But when the time comes you will know, and because you love him so much you will let him and even help him make his journey to the bridge if need be.  It will be hard, and there will be many tears, but you will know in your heart that it is the right thing to do. Colt, Ruger and the momma will be saying a little prayer to God & doG tonight that it is not yet Xaxa's time. Blessed be!

Wendie, that is an awesome article.  I hope that it will bring in a few forever homes to some of those lovely, loving Bounders.

Still LMAO at Brudder Elwood and the Tulip.  I feel for you Debbie.  One of my 2 always pick out the worst spots to "have a moment" When nature calls.a hound will not put her on hold.  LOL

Come tomorrow night the boys will have a house guest, Rambo.  Rambo's dad is deployed overseas and his mom is having to go on a business trip for a week, so he will be staying with us.  The boys got to meet him yesterday and were enamored with him.  He is so big!  Rambo is supposed to be Great Dane and Rottie mix, but to me he has the body of a Great Dane and the coloring and head of a black & tan coon hound.  At first Rambo was scared of the boys, and would not get off the porch.  Ruger barked at him to come play and Colt stared at him and I could smell the smoke from the wheels turning in his little brain.  "How can I use this big lug to my advantage?, If it is raining I can stand under him to keep dry, oooowww I bet he can reach all of the treats in the house.  Even the chicken jerky  in the upper cabinets of our treat bar."   Finally they started play bowing to each other and then playing.  It was so funny because Rambo would bow, and then raise up slightly and swat at them with front paws with lumbering swipes, and the boys would back up like woo careful with those tree limbs.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Drool to all in needMichele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers

Colt "that one big houndie"

Ruger "Do you chase squirrels?"