[Dailydrool] Westminster

Ellen Cole ellen at yourtravelmasters.com
Tue Feb 15 12:00:10 PST 2011

The Professor's call name IS "Red" as someone else thought. He is an
absolutely gorgeous dog. I loved the footage of him trotting beside the
handler with all his loose skin wobbling about! For anyone who missed the
show.the breed judging and the group judging can usually be viewed on the
Westminster website.  I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but seem to
remember another Drooler indicating that a basset has never won and that
basset's often have trouble winning Groups and BIS. This was attributed to
the quirky build of the basset.it's not easy to get one that exactly matches
the breed standard. It is the breed standards that dictate the
winners.otherwise bassets would HAVE to win all the time! They're CLEARLY
the cutest! Red had the audience wrapped right around his paw!

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset & Oliver & Abigail (ATB)