[Dailydrool] Bassets at shows

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:11:29 PST 2011

Bassets DO win Group and they DO win BIS but not at Westminster.  They have
taken Group, but never BIS. They aren't flashy, they don't have "chrome":
they don't have long, arched necks or coats that flow in the breeze.
Politics aside, breeding a good mutant breed is extremely difficult to do.
They get a lot of applause because they're cute, comical-- those big balls
banging back and forth--those lips flapping-- but they don't win BIS at
Westminster. And I thought he made the cut: not the final cut, but the first
one, and that's no small achievement.
Remember-- he had already beat all the other Bassets entered (I do not know
how many there were) to GET to Group, but there he was.

MomPerson