[Dailydrool] house guest-maybe

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 21:35:41 PST 2011

My friend has been considering adopting a dog since she will be moving out.  She has dog-sat Speedy on numerous occassions and always thinks I'm exagerrating when I tell her about his OEBE moments.  Speedy thinks the is in doggie heaven when I take him to her house and leaves me without a look back.

Well this weekend I went to the humane society to fix a problem with Rambo's license. I was ready to go Marlene on them but when I entered the parking lot the had an adoption event going and low and behold there was a basset hound. A sweet 1 1/2 year old, so I went to go love on her before they threw me. I took a lot of photos and just as I was doing that, she called me. I told her about the basset and that's when she told me that she was considering adopting but was waiting to get herself settled before she adopted. If she decided to adopt the basset she would need to find a place to keep this sweet girl until she was situated. That's when the light bulb went on in my head--we could keep her until she was situated!!!

She thought this was a wonderful idea and is considering this option, so very soon we might have a little 1 1/2 yr old basset aroung the house! I couldn't be more thrilled. She is young enough to give Rambo a run for his money and hopefully tire him out. Right now she definitely needs to put on some weight & some love. Hopefully my friend can get everything straightend out. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo