[Dailydrool] Snatching, or how many fingers do I have left???

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Tue Feb 15 23:27:22 PST 2011

Holly the Dolly is a very refined little lady, she would never, ever snatch
anything, and she eats her meals very delicately and slowly.  I always say
that Holly should have been named "Mary Poppins" because like Mary, she is
practically perfect in every way.

Now we get to the Two Pigs, Gracie and Anna.  Let's just say I thought
Gracie was the biggest pig on the planet, at least until Anna came along.
Oh mercy, those two chomp my fingers almost every evening.  I don't say
Gentle, I yell it.  And they hoover their dinner like it's a competition.
Sweet good girls, but holy cow, those two are EATERS.  Anna was found
wandering on her own out in the country and was about starved to death, and
she very obviously has decided that she is never, ever going to be hungry
again.

Every evening they get dinner, then about two hours later a small treat, and
then around 10:00 or 10:30 PM they get a Milk Bone (so we don't gack in the
morning and their teeth look good, too).  Not exactly going without food.
Anna spends the entire evening surfing the whole house, looking for crumbs
of food.  You can hear her going all over the kitchen floor, pushing bowls
around and moving the rug and shoving chairs and crawling under the
banquette benches.  My kitchen floor stays clean now that Anna lives here,
she actually licks it sometimes.  I have to barricade her out of the living
room in the evening so Bubba the Very Poorly Socialized Feral Cat who lives
in the living room can have his treats in peace, no barricades and Anna
steals his treats.

I love my old ladies, and they are wonderful, good girls, but Gracie and
Anna are something else when it comes to food.  The only good thing is, they
do not counter surf (because they're too old and arthritic).  Oh yes, one
more thing.  Anna farts.  Silent but deadly.  Never a dull moment at this
house.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net