[Dailydrool] soft stools

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:20:36 PST 2011

I just thought I'd pass along some info. on soft stools which Otter,
almost 6 yrs. old, has suffered with his entire life.  No matter what
food I fed Otter or what I added to the food, pumpkin/green beans etc.,
he has always had this problem.  Until recently that is...we had to
switch their food due to Radar getting very sick with a change in the
ingredients of what they were eating.  After meeting with someone
knowledgeable with brands/ingredients we put the dogs on Nutri Source
Chicken with is grain free (they've always eaten grain free) and low
residue.  I love this food.  For the first time in his life Otter poops
regular poop!!!! Not only is it regular but it is small and compact and
easy to clean the yard...which with multiple dogs is so very nice.  It
has also improved the anal gland issues.  Neither of the boys empty
their glands on their own but now on this food at least they don't
spontaneously empty when they are sitting on your lap!  They've eaten
this food for almost 6 months now so this doesn't seem to be a fluke.
I know some dogs also suffer with this problem and just thought I'd let
you know how this has worked for us in hopes that it might help.
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Mollie the Bloodhound