[Dailydrool] House Guest-Arrival

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Feb 16 09:32:17 PST 2011

I am so sorry to read that Lady belle has the dreaded "c" word.  The boys
are slinging drool to slow its progress and we are all hoping that you have
many more good days with her.

Colt and Ruger and now Rambo are still drooling for Xaxa, and slinging a
little bit toward Brudder Elwood's Dadperson's nose. Ouch that had to hurt.

Last night Rambo our house guest arrived.  As earlier posted Rambo is a
Great Dane/Rottie mix, however looks more like a black and tan coon
hound/great dane to me.  None the less he is a big sweetie. And big is an
understatement.while standing with all four feet on the ground he can rest
his chin on the kitchen counter with only a very slight raise of his head.
Just watching him walk cracks me up..not really a walk more of a slow
lope.like a wolf or deer hound. Anyway, the boys and him got along well, but
I have realized that I don't have enough room on the couch for all of us,
and the boys were a tad bit jealous.no growling or anything just lay on the
momma to show the new guy whose momma she is. Rambo wimperd a little for his
momma at the door.  Reminded me of moaning and groaning like "poor woes me,
my momma left me here with these funny little dwarfs oh poor woes is me".
Giving out treats has been a breeze too. They all sit like perfect little
gentlemen and wait to gently take their treat when given to them. Wow! I'm
impressed!  Since it was the first night, at bed time I decided to keep
everyone separated to avoid any fights over beds, space or whatever. My
dining room is the boys room with a gate across the archway entrance, so
they stayed there as normal and  Rambo stayed in the adjoining kitchen with
just a baby gate at the door to the rest of the house. (he could easily have
stepped over or went through the gate, but totally respected it.)  There was
a tad bit of whimpering, then a couple of barks, so I called out from the my
bedroom with a stern. "Rambo, NO.bedtime!"  That was it.not another peep out
of him until 4:40am but just a little whimpering again.  I think that this
is his normal time that his momma gets up and gives him breakfast, but I let
him and my two hounds sit until 5:45 which is our normal time  during the
week to get up. (I didn't want to give him the idea that he could whine and
get me up)  I also separated them for breakfast.  There was still a warning
growl from Rambo who could see the boys on the other side of the gate, but
with a stern "NO" from me he quietly ate his breakfast, Colt and Ruger just
stared at him.like what the H---? Finally they ate their breakfast and
everyone went outside.  As I finished getting ready for work I kept a close
eye on all of them.just being an over protective mom and babysitter.  Then
it happened, I just start to brush my teeth and I hear barking, off I run to
the back door.  As I go sliding around the corner into the kitchen (looking
a little like that famous scene with Tom Cruise from Risky Business) I saw
Rambo galloping around the pond in hot pursuit of Ruger in a Danish/Basset
version of a Basset 500.   Then Colt got involved the play and it started to
look like the start to a Spanish bull fight. You know where the matador
assistants go out and tire out the bull a little bit before the matador
comes out.  I spit toothpaste all over the sliding door laughing.  The dogs
glanced up at me like "oh, hi" and continued to play.   It should be
interesting and quite entertaining for the neighbors to see me trying to
walk all three of them tonight.trying a little dog whisperer mentality to
bond our house guest in with the pack.

Drool to all in need.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers & Pup sitter to the gentle
giant
Colt "That one tall hound"
Ruger "how does he walk on those stilts?"
Rambo "isn't there supposed to be 7 of you?