[Dailydrool] Oh, that smell!

Elizabeth Harmon harmone at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 17 08:20:31 PST 2011

I don't post much, but I faithfully read every drool.  I love reading about all the other bassets.  I, too, have been known to go Marlene (you go girl!) on someone who makes me mad.

I just wanted to comment on the smell of our basset babies.  I think my Maggie has the most wonderful smell.  I love to stroke her velvet ears and bury my nose in her neck and breathe deeply.  She permits me to get my fill of her glorious perfume.  I just really don't understand why everyone doesn't have a basset hound.  But then again, we are the privileged few.  We have these special dogs that make our worlds complete.  We are allowed to live in their worlds and tend to their wants and needs.

Maggie has listened to me cry the last few weeks as my son, daughter in law and my two precious grandchildren moved from NC to El Paso, TX.   My son is in the Army.  I miss them so much.  Maggie lets me cry and never tells me to hush.  She's my girl.

Anyway, everybody have a great day!
Elizabeth and Maggie