[Dailydrool] Never do this

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:03:35 PST 2011

This is the voice of bitter experience:
Never use clay based cat litter in the snow and ice to provide traction for
your dogs because, dear readers, when the snow melts it turns to black MUCK,
through which the Bassets happily wander before they come into the house. My
back hall is about 2 feet wide. It is too narrow to stop 4 dogs as they
charge in the door (black with MUCK) and besides I would have to pretty much
bathe them.
Consequently, my linoleum, throw rugs and carpeting is basic grey. (MUCK
dried grey). I can tell you every single place that Conley has been, looking
for food, because of the large, grey footprints. Oh and they shake when they
come in. My washer and dryer are speckled liberally with grey gobs. Some
big, some small. Next year we will try sand. I am told to use the
construction type sand, not the sandbox sand.

MomPerson and her Mop.