[Dailydrool] Those Were The Days

Randy S Miller meistersinger1 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 14:27:02 PST 2011

I've been here (under one address or another) since Nancy Gallagher started the list on AOL (ah, the days when the only broadband access I could get was through MILnet, since I was working for a Navy contractor).  If you think the cremation post was bad, search the archives!  There were quite a few doozies back then.

If you really think they were the good old days, then maybe you belong on Basset-L, where there is currently NO traffic.  However, if you thought the moderators here are severe, Basset-L is even more stringent.  Part of that stringency is due to the terms set forth by their hosting company, L-SOFT.  L-SOFT's major product is LISTSERV, which is used in discussion groups run by the academics.

I am not trying to denigrate anyone or any product.  I've done more than my share of flame-throwing and flame-baiting in the past (before I was put on anti-depressents and anti-psychotics).  I'm just saying that memory is selective, since there were more tempests in a teapot on the list in the past than I care to remember.

Randy