[Dailydrool] Re Marlene & Update on the house Guest

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 14:31:42 PST 2011

Happy Gotcha day Rolph! Wishing you many special treats and belly rubs for
your special day and every day.

The boys and the Dane wannabe are continuing to produce the healing drool
for Xaxa, Lady Belle , Freddie and Aunt Leslie.  Get well soon!
Heart healing drool to the Roney family, The boys and I are so sorry to read
of his sudden journey to the bridge.  May he live forever in the magic of
your memories.

Marlene the only flames that your getting from this household of hounds and
humans is "We love you!  You crazy ol'women" I almost spit coke all over my
computer screen when I read " well scoot my butt across the floor" .teach me
not to eat or drink and read a Marlene post.  Really there are drool
squirters?  (Squirters is a term used by the Special Ops guys when they go
in after a person considered to be a high valued target and when the go in
for the take down some of the his associates  run or squirt out the back
door and the Sec Ops guys have to chase them)  I just think that it is a
cool term and is appropriate for those that left the drool to start their
own invitation only webpage.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about bassets winning BIS or
Best in Group at Westminster.  Thanks to Sylvie for letting us know about
Nicole the beautiful female Basset that is all over the internet.  It is so
cool to be able to see a basset somewhere and make a post about it and have
someone come back and say  "Hey I know that houndie" and tell you a little
bit about them.  Once again I love the drool!

Update on the House Guest.  This afternoon I went home for lunch & to let
the boys out, there was a butt load of squirrels out there. Let me tell you
it was a stampede as the door opened.  Squirrels scatter, one goes up the
oak tree in the middle of the yard.  2 hounds and the giant sit waiting for
it.  Squirrel gets impatient and tries to make a break for it.  The two
bassets are the quick reaction force and are hot on its tail.  Rambo the
Great Dane has a little slower reaction time but quickly closes the gap and
then runs over top of Colt.  But as you can imagine stepping over hounds at
a  walk for him is a lot easier than running over them.  So there they both
went Rambo entangling himself in Colt rolling head over tail ,over head over
tail.  It was a big rolling ball of fur, tails and legs.  They never stopped
rolling but somehow got untangled, kept running in pursuit of the squirrel.
The crazy thing is that squirrel barely escaped.  My side hurts from
laughing.  Once I stopped laughing I made sure that no one was hurt and
continued to laugh about it all afternoon.

Drool to all in need.
Michele Mamma to the Rolling Bassets & Dane
Colt "Im okay!"
Ruger "Looked like a freight train just hit my brother"
Rambo  "Hey, there are speed bumps in this yard"