[Dailydrool] Home with the hounds

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 10:13:59 PST 2011

Yesterday a couple of things happened to break the monotony of sitting
here for 6 weeks following knee replacement. First, I let the houndage
out every day between 1 and 2 for a romp in the yard. It was almost 70F
yesterday so I left the sliding door open as it was warmer out than in
the house. Not two minutes later my doorbell rings and I roll myself
(still using a walker) there and when I open it I find the smiling face
of my neighbors adult son holding Jordan aka the great Jordini. As he
handed her back over, he said that he was taking up the Christmas
decorations (yes, the snow and ice had covered them thoroughly) when
she came romping around the corner of the house and joined him. Profuse
thanks from me. I went out and cannot figure out how she got out. After
the x got home, rigged up an x pen in front of the gate until we can
check it out better this weekend.
Last night I took the remains of a cold sub out of the refrigerator to
eat for a late dinner. I should have locked myself in the bathroom. Had
sub in hand, paging through a magazine when Lightening Loki launched
himself from about five  feet away and nailed it and my fingers. I got
the meat, he got the roll and lettuce but his teeth chomped down on my
fingers and I was screaming and swearing. I was worried he punctured
the skin because I am on a blood thinner from the surgery and need to
be careful about nicks and cuts. However the fingers had big welts
which today is just  ugly bruises. He did show his remorse later on by
getting on the bed at the farthest point from me and moving over a few
inches every couple of minutes until he was next to me. I take that as
a basset apology.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan and house guests Drummer and Gracie