[Dailydrool] when do you know the time?

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 06:15:06 PST 2011

My friend Steve made the tough decision to send his beloved Harley to the bridge late Wed.  Harley was a mix breed, but he reminded me of a borzoi dog, very elegant and graceful.  To make this basset related, Steve grew up with bassets, and Steve's Mom and Sister are slaves to Ginger, a BHRA rescue. Harley suffered from hemangiosarcoma.  He had recent surgery to remove the spleen, spent a week in the ICU, and then started treatment with a holistic Vet.  He was fairly young, around 7 or 8.
Virginia, you asked when do you know the time?  Steve is still racked with guilt, but he saw that Harley was really beginning to have labored breathing, really had no desire to eat, even the favorite food, and had that "look" in the eyes.  I know all too well that LOOK.  In the week that Pierre Louis Sr. spent at the Vet, Mon - Fri.  till the final test result came back, I saw that look on Wed.  That was the moment I realized he was ready.  I was praying for a miracle with the last test result, but I knew, he knew, much like Steve and Harley agreed on Wed. it was time.  With the profound love that you and Dad slave have for XAXA, you will always second guess yourself, pray for the miracle, etc.  but there will be a moment, and you WILL know.
BTW, I came across something interesting, and I have ordered a couple.
I have no affiliation with this group or candle maker, but I don't see the harm of a positive intention even if it does seem a little "hocus pocus"

http://www.caninecancer.com/candles.html
So, with all sincerity, I wish you strength during this difficult time, and please send my gentle thoughts to Dad slave as well.
Lots of hound hugs too.
Jackie and the herd