[Dailydrool] Just some thoughts...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 06:36:53 PST 2011

 Okay, I got tired of the "Sheila Self" spam that was making its way onto my Drool.  I sent a private e-mail to the address it was coming from and advised them of what was going on.  I said I hoped it was simply a case of having one's e-mail account hacked and asked that they kindly fix the problem - as solicitation was not permitted on the Drool.  I have not seen any more posts from "her."  Hopefully that was the case and the problem is solved.

As Brudder Elwood says, "My hebbins, me headbone is a full ob stuff what be a-happening!"  While I agree the moderators are here to moderate and not censor Drool posts, nor would we want this to happen - I'm sure it's a tough job.  Frankly, I don't know where they find the time!  Regarding flamers, be they on or off list.  People...do unto others as you would want done to you!  Craft your responses with kindness and tact, even if the subject is near and dear to your heart.  Cyber communication is SO very different from face-to-face.  We cannot hear tone of voice or any other things which allow us to better communicate.  It would do well for all to keep this in mind.

Remember, there will always be newbies who ask questions which some have heard or answered dozens of times before.  That's the purpose of this list; to educate, enlighten and share the joys, laughter, frustration - and sadly, sometimes the sorrow of being owned by a Basset hound.  I am so very grateful for finding it and treasure the friendships I have found here, both cyber and in "Real Life."  Like a RL family, there will be times when we don't agree, heck - when we may not even like each other, but the bottom line is we are family.  Tolerance of differences goes a long way...

Marlene - You are a hoot and I SO look forward to your posts.  Hugs!

Bev - I have taken that heart-stopping journey, looking for an adventuresome hound, praying all the while that he was not harmed.  So glad you and Conley were happily reunited.

Love the "You know you have a hound problem when..." thread.  Gonna think on this before contributing...

The Basset jokes are hysterical.  I particularly loved the Talking Basset one...

Healing drool to those who need it and heart healing drool to those who have lost a precious houndie.

Peace...

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ 4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley