[Dailydrool] Some people's hounds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Feb 19 15:28:57 PST 2011

So as I sit on the couch catching up on my drools (Thank you  again Michael for sending me the missing issues) I have become tired of the let the dog in, let the dog out game. So now I am ignoring them and tell them that they will have to wait until I finish my reading.  YEAH RIGHT!  Colt wants Dinner.  Hey it's only 15 minutes late and I have just a few more post to read, not like he is going to starve to death or anything....But Colt wants dinner and when he wants something bad enough and I am ignoring him he starts acting silly. Chasing his tail, running through the house, jumpin on the love seat and rolling around barking while knocking off all of the pillows. I've got him on ignore because I am laughing and enjoying my You might have a hound problem if post.  So all of his antics go somewhat unnoticed...at least it is not getting him what he really wants which is Dinner!.  So he jumps up on the couch, plants himself between me and my ipod given me the hairy eyeballs.  When I go to ask "what do you want"  Colt shoves his huge tongue in my mouth trying to lick at the backside of my teeth...What do I do...I'm laughing so hard that I can hardly push the big goof ball off of my lap and literally out of my mouth. I then put down the ipod, get off the rumpbone and go make the hounds dinner.

Oh but wait....theres more! After their dinner I let them back outside.  It is beautiful out today, sunny and in the 70's (not bragging but part of the story background) and with this lovely weather i am in shorts, t-shirt, no shoes! (I hate shoes...DH says I am a hillybilly, all I need is a corn cob pipe and a pair of overalls) So as I come to the computer I go barefoot through the house to get my sweat pants becuase it is starting to cool off here with the sun going down. Anyhow barefoot through the house I go, into the bedroom to fetch some britches...(tapping into my hillbilly vocabulary just for the DH) and step in wet squishy carpet!  YUCK!  COLT!!! darn varmit done went and got pissed off at me and had to make it literal! I guess that will teach me to ignore his commands to be let out and for dinner!

Heart healing drool to all of those that have lost dogs/hounds to the bridge over the past few 5-10 DD issues.  I usully make this more personnal but I read those from my ipod and i hate typing from it.
Love and drool to all the humans and houndies that are sick or injured.
Thanks to the moderators for all of their hard work in keeping the drool going.
And thanks to all of the Droolers for their post of hound antics, heart ache, advice and questions. To all of those that are flame throwers...you need to chill out.  No need to say anymore beause Riche and others have all ready said what I was thinking.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "I'll teach that women to put me on ignore"
Ruger "I just sit back and let Colt run his game and wait for dinner to be served"
Rambo "let me in, let me out, let me in,Squirrel!,  let me out, let me in, ooww Cat let me out"