[Dailydrool] article on Dogster

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 16:33:34 PST 2011

I found an article about the hound group (probably inspired by a hound winning in Westminster)  and one of the ones it describes is the basset hound. I thought this is probably the one that has described bassets most accurate though highlightening the best features and none of the bad.

Here is what they had to say of our beloved bassets

Basset Hound - Like the Dachshund, the Basset Hound is low to the ground. Despite his small legs, he is a very beefy dog, usually weighing at least 50 pounds. His jowls are prominent and his loose skin may drag a bit on the floor. These hounds are natural clowns, friendly and outgoing and very good with children. In addition to the Hound bay, they use a low murmuring whine to get attention and are very food driven, which can be used in their training. They were bred as scent hounds and their large ears were developed to retain the scent of their prey."

The whining for attention resounded more with me

For the rest of the article here is the link:
http://www.dogster.com/dog-breeds/hounds

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)