[Dailydrool] Speedy the dramatic basset

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 16:53:31 PST 2011

This morning I get up to let the boys out. Since they had been indoors since 6 the previous night, I wanted to let them out go out to potty first. Rambo was more then ready and quickly was at the door. Speedy was a whole different story. He sat up on his bed, looked at me with a sour expression "do I really REALLY have to" after five minutes of saying trying to coax him finally I say "SPEEDY. OUT. NOW."

OK I guess he will give in...stretches front side, stretches back side, yawns, sulks over at .002 mph to the door. Runs outside pees and not 5 seconds later is back at the door where I have been standing to let both know I will be waiting to let them back in. I tell him "Speedy you know you need to go #2 and I highly doubt that bladder is empty"

Speedy starts shivering on queu. He shivers if he has been out in -20 degree weather (when really its probably 50 and sun is shining) I squat down and say again in a nice voice go potty. Nope-still shivering even more. FINE, I will let you back in. He runs in and jumps and twirls then goes back to bed spreading out on his back.

I am suspecting Speedy went to some kind of acting school before he made is home with me. Speedy says if I wanted him to go out I should have fed him first.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE (well wut she want? Dere be no fuds ousside)
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo