[Dailydrool] You know your bassetized WHEN

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 18:57:45 PST 2011

At four O'clock comes the basset. to  insist that you start cooking your supper, so she can be sure she will have her supper at 5 PM sharp.  Yes, it is much easier to do as the basset ( W Maggie Mae ) asks then go threw the staring and moaning and groaning and iron paw on my leg.

Also at  10 PM she insists that I go to my room, so can go there and find her spot for the night.

In order to get  WMM to go out, I must offer her a treat and often have to attach a leash so she can be guided out.  Then a treat of some kind must be thrown out the door and if it is to her liking, she will go potty, then you must praise her.

Oh! there are so many other things she demands....I AM A SLAVE TO MY BASSET..and I would not change it.

W Maggie Mae, when she first came here smelled smoke and grabbed my wrist and would not let go, until she was sure all was well. I think WMM and I connected the minute we saw each other.  I can remember how sick WMM was when she first came here,  there were times I was sure she would not live.  I yelled at vets, found new ones. cried and panicked until I found, the vet who cured WMM antibiotic resistant ear infection.  I never thought any four legged creature could mean as much as Waddles ATB and Wrinkles ATB  did to me.  But I have had four heart dogs, each so special in their own way.  I guess I just enjoy my bassets & Willie so much.

Sorry got long.

Cathy B