[Dailydrool] wet basset

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:22:07 PST 2011

Today I managed to corral my son who is usually out the door to see his girlfriend and we gave 3 dogs a much needed bath.  Well, Fergie the non-basset foster really did not need one that badly but tomorrow is Petsmart day and I want her all pretty.   Buttercup was one of the basset bathees.  It take 2 of us to hoist her into the tub.  She was not pleased abut with only a few attempts to escape she was all cleaned up.  Everyone was toweled off and a few hours later the other 2 were dry.  Buttercup looked as if her fur had dried oddly.  I got the brush and started to brush her, she was still soaking wet.!  I got oout the hair dryer and corralled her again.  She was not pleased  Her fur is very thick.  Even though I have used the furminater on her there was stilla lot of dead  fur.  The other son came from work.  Get me the brush, get me the furminater....HELP!  We dried, we brushed, we furminatored, after an hour or so Buttercup was now just a little damp around the edges.  She accepted my kisses with injured dignity.  Treats?  Dutch tried to be helpful during her ordeal by leaning against me and blocking our efforts.  Treats?