[Dailydrool] Love

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:39:52 PST 2011

I was crabby all day today.  It was not my day.  When you look for things to go wrong, they usually will.  I went to work and then came home, I was still crabby.  There were the usual things to do.  Then, I went to check email and found a basset in my lap.  She was draped across my lap as if to say you aren't getting up until I say so.  Ninja spends her time with me or worrying about where I am.  She is my guardian, champion, lap quilt, and foot warmer.  She chose me out of the five of us and I have no idea why.  I thought about that and decided to look at the other half of the glass.  I have a house to live in, food on the table, a washer and dryer, a working furnace, clothes to wear, a sometimes job, and most of all, a family to love.  Why should I spend time being so crabby??  And as an added bonus, in that family are four very cute and hairy bassets.

Out of the 8 bassets who have lived with us, only one has decided to belong just to me.  Ninja somehow thought I needed protecting from the world--and in her mind, other bassets.  We still had Sunny when we drove to Casey, Il. to get her.  We met her foster mom at the McDonald's and Ninja too(Daisy Belle then).  Ninja decided we were ok and rode home on Nic's leg.  He is 6'4" so he has very long legs.  I know she shouldn't have been in the car like that so don't skewer me.  I though she would become his.  Somehow she chose me.  And I am so grateful for every minute we have.  She may be overprotective but I know that she is happiest when I am near.  In a minute or two we will go up to bed and she will once again sleep at the foot watching out for anything that should not be in there with us.  When I think of all the blessings here, I cannot stay crabby.  There is too much love here to harbor crabs.  Give your bassets a hug from us.  Hugs are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

We are sending sleepy, snorey drool to all who need some.  And snooters too.  Even the kitties are sending teeny, tiny snooters.  They are learning how to be bassetcats.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby--who just keeps on ticking.  And Davinci and Picasso too.