[Dailydrool] Young Charlie's bumbly bowels

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 05:49:51 PST 2011

Come to think of it, those who are trying to enjoy a meal while
reading the Drool might want to pass this post by.

Yesterday young Charlie started having really runny, liquid poops
early in the day. Kind of like regular poop only turned into pure
soup. I was thinking he'd be over it by this morning, but his first
poop of the day has shown he still has the squits. He's eating fine
and has the usual energy level. Nothing else is out of the ordinary,
just his bowels, which still appear to be regularly scheduled and not
in a state of periodic cramping emergency. I can't think of what he
might have eaten. No changes in diet. Maybe he found something in the
yard? The squirrels and feral cats tend to bring food in from who
knows where and then drop what's left when they've had all they want.
Two days ago I fished some chicken bones out of his mouth.

No vets open yesterday or today, and tomorrow I'm planning on loading
both hounds up in the morning and going to Arkansas to check on Ken's
parents (they treat me like royalty, especially when I make the trip
on my own--it's lovely!), so Charlie's internal disruption is
extremely poorly planned and even more worrisome.

Does anyone know if I can give Charlie a couple Immodium-AD tablets
or some liquid Pepto-Bismal to slow down his digestive tract a bit?
If so, how much for a dog who's between 40 and 45 pounds?

Elizabeth