[Dailydrool] Xaxa's update - more bad days than good

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 28 03:34:02 PST 2011

Hi my dear friends.

I hope you are doing well and we are sorry for all those who went to the bridge.
It's been more than a week that Xaxa does not have any appetite. The only thing that he accepts is boiled chicken breast and only if dadperson feeds him on his hand, little by little. It is a blessing that dad is on holiday for a month, because he is really "nursing" Xaxa. Could he be in pain? How do we know?
Because he almost does not eat it is hard to give him his pills but he is getting good at it and Xaxa accepts it kind of well.
Last week the vetlady said that he had lost 1.3kilos (about 3 pounds) in from the previous week to that one. It really says a lot considering Xaxa is our always hungry boy. She also said that his cough now is not from the heart because that's controlled. It is from the 2 nodules(bad kind) he has on his lung.

At almost 15 years of age, things seem to pop all over his body. Heart, nodules, loss of appetite.
Dadperson is drained, almost does not eat and sleeps badly because of Xaxa's cough during the night. He has to check how Xaxa is. He said that he is seeing his best friend getting weaker every day and the pain, as most of you know, is unbearable.
It's the first time we go through this and is so very hard. And we don't really know if his "time" has come.
Tomorrow I'll spend the day with them, see how Xaxa is and give him all my love. Will tell him he does not have to stay just to make us happy. He has made us happy and proud for so many years, we will let him go when he wants to. Even if it breaks our heart.
If you can continue to send healing drool and prayers we appreciate. Dadperson needs it a lot as well. I guess he is losing more weight than Xaxa.
We send our drool and love to all of you.
Thank you all who has send us emails of support. It really means a lot to have friends like you.
We will keep you posted.
Love
Virginia, Xaxa, Violeta and Dadperson.                                                                              ___ _