[Dailydrool] I have been remiss...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 13:18:29 PST 2011

 Yes, I have.  I am deeply ashamed of forgetting to point out our sweet Delilah Belle, February 19th's Drool Calendar girl.  It's our anniversary and this year we celebrated 44 years together.  Delilah says she was proud represent the NJ 4 on that special day...and then Mamaslave forgot all about it.  It was a busy, busy week and...oh well, I'm sorry.

Delilah became ours as the result of an owner surrender in 2005 facilitated by Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue.  At the time, Daisy was still a bupster and Wild Child, full of energy and looking for us to play with her constantly which was exhausting.  I thought it might be good for her to have a playmate so we approached Tri-State and Suzanne Fitch who was working with them at the time suggested taking one of two Bassets which were being surrendered.  Her former owner and I spoke on the phone and it was Delilah who seemed the right fit for our family.

We had a meet and greet with her in a wooded area not far from our home and after some initial snarking, Delilah cautiously sniffed the young upstart who wanted nothing more than to run the Basset 500 and play alligator mouth with her new sister.  Sobbing as she drove off, her former mom gave us an amazing gift in our "Lilah."  Although she is very shy with people she doesn't know, she is a sweet and loving girl to her family and friends who are patient with her until they can earn her trust.  She's the gentle receiver of treats in this house while the others can be somewhat rough.  She has her own special daily routine which includes a morning roll on the living room floor after breakfast, accompanied by low growls and moans.  She's probably the most mannerly of our crew  and seldom counter surfs - although she does have a fetish for bread and rolls and loves all things banana.  She likes to curl up with me at night on one end of the couch while I watch TV from the other.  She adores our granddaughter and Gabriella says Delilah is her favorite out of all the hounds.  Her ears are the softest...I could stroke them forever.

The Dadslave and I love you "Lilah Belle" - our sweet shy girl, and are happy you share our home and lives.  Forgive me for mentioning your special Calendar Day, February 19th.

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ 4
Daisy, Calendar Girl Delilah Belle, Dozer and Dudley