[Dailydrool] cardiomyopathy

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:17:17 PST 2011

Chippa was about 6 when I got him and he had a murmur that sometimes the vets could hear and sometimes not. I lost him at 12 1/2 years from a broken heart as it was 12 weeks to the day after I lost Georgina who was nearly 15. The murmur steadily got worst and he was on pills for a few years that gradually got stronger but he was a super dog and it certainly didn't stop him.  John the c at t who thinks he is a basset was also diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago, he is now over 14 1/2 and the vet said last week that we are managing his dying, he could go at any time but on his good days he is fine. He now makes me think he has eaten his pills then spits them out for me to find.

Sue
Winnie (about 14, bad arthritis)
John the c at t (cardiomyopathy, bad kidneys and a compromised digestive system)
Fred (nearly 5 fine)